September 23, 2005

Yes Hi, I'm your boss now.

Guess who got another promotion today?! Yeah, that's right, I did! Because I am awesome.

I am now the Assistant Manager, and I've only worked there for a month. I got a $.65 raise, making my raises thus far a grand $2.15. I warned them if they kept this up, I would be CEO soon. They thought that was funny, and then seriously told me that the two people left above me in the store are both trying to go elsewhere. The store manager wants to be transferred to California. The senior assistant manager wants to pursue a career in social work, and is actively seeking a new job. If either of them do go on to better things, I'll get promoted again. This store is nutso.

So now, I have this girl that got hired the same day as me. We'll call her Idiot. Idiot is not a very good worker. She means well, but she has never worked before. Well, she says that she had a job at a restaurant for about a week once. This does not count. She's too shy to talk to customers, our registers keep coming up wrong, and it takes her four hours to do what anyone else can do in one. Apparently, she was upset that I got promoted the first time. We haven't told her that the girl we hired last week just took my old job. Idiot is going to be pissed... and also, her hours are getting cut, because a girl is coming back from maternity leave. Will she quit and save us the hassle? Or will we fire her because her 90 days aren't up and we can for no reason at all? All I know is, I'm tired of doing all my work and hers too...

Alright, so to recap. I am awesome, and I get a lot of raises and promotions because of it.

8 comments:

DC said...

Congratulations on being awesome - it must be a very heavy responsibility.

Calzone said...

You are so cool. Whatever they are paying you I'll double it.

Spinning Girl said...

You ROCK!
I can't believe all the stuff Idiots can do: work, reproduce, run entire nations.
Ha Calzone, I see your double, and raise you ... a basket of peaches!

Sleep Goblin said...

Calzone, honey, you've offered twice to pay me double, but you always fail to tell me what you'd pay me for.

Thanks for stopping by Mr. Soldier!

Sleep Goblin said...

Ah! I missed Spinning Girl!

Monkey said...

Congratulations! You should be CEO by December at this rate.

Hopefully Idiot will leave in a huff when she finds out that competence is a job requirement.

Rowan said...

Yay! That's awesome! Too bad I'm in a dead end job with little promotional possibilities....maybe one day I'll care enough to look elsewhere.

*Monica said...

Wow, you are awesomer than I thought!