September 10, 2005

Birthday Par-tay! Recap

Okay, I promised an update, and here it is, pictures included.

First, everyone that was invited, came. In fact, there was an added person that wasn't invited, but I let her in anyway, because she's good people. We grilled hamburgers twice, because some people were late, and we decided to bestow mercy and let them eat anyway.

After some beer drinking and food eating, I decided it was time for cake.

As you can see, MT was not joking when she said she knew what a good cake should be. For some reason, I ended up lighting my own candles. Well, Jesse lit a few. For you amusement, I present some photos of the guests singing me happy birthday...


Later, everyone could be seen stuffing their faces full of cake and ice cream.

What did I get for my birthday? Well, so far, not much. Which is fair, because it's not really my birthday until Monday, and most of my family will have to mail gifts. However, so far, I've gotten money, a tequila shooter set, and a little stuffed dog, to name a few.

The dog was given the name Smaxwell (did I spell that right MT? DS gave me more tequila after you left, and my memory of silly things, like how to spell, has been left by the wayside). He came with polka dots and a pink boa. It aroused my suspicions, but he told me after everyone left that he was gay. So now I know for sure. He's seen here enjoying some Madison microbrew. You might be seeing more of Mr. Smaxwell.

Does anyone know why my shooter set came with a burro that holds toothpicks?? I've personally never needed toothpicks to down tequila, but maybe there's a part of it I've missed until now...

And finally, I leave you with this. Evidence that Jesse is trying to get in the pants of my boyfriend during my own birthday party. I noticed they had been missing from the festivities for a while, and found them together.. on my bed... you decide.

---------------------------------

Note: MT seems to like it when her face is covered up with her name, so I decided I would be nice and continue the tradition. Personally, I think it has something to do with staving off her crazy fans...

5 comments:

Spinning Girl said...

You had the BEST TIME!

Sleep Goblin said...

*laughing* MT, you had your hand over your mouth to keep from spewing cake everywhere, because you were laughing so hard :)

SG - You're darn tootin! And no next day hang over! AND my boyfriend had the messed cleaned in like 5 min this morning :)

Monkey said...

Happy Birthday! The cake was gorgeous! And the cake eating in the kitchen had just the right amount of abandon and frenzy to it. Cakes should always be consumed voraciously and messily.

Yeah Sleep Goblin!

Calzone said...

Hey Happy Birthday!!!! Man I'm glad dragon slayer didn't go to France!!!

By the way I'll be in Wisconsin the first week of October! For some reason all the hotels are booked though so I may need a place to crash.

Sleep Goblin said...

Is a full bed big enough for a dragon?