September 25, 2005

Strongbad, I've Failed You

It was recently brought to my attention that an Outkast song entitled "So Fresh, So Clean" was the inspiration for the comments made in Strongbad e-mail #20. Also known as Spring Cleaning.

How did I miss this??? Is it because I'm not really an Outkast fan? I mean, I don't own any of their albums. I only know the words to the chorus of their most popular songs. I can distinguish both Big Boi and Andre 3000 away from Outkast related situations, which is more than I can say for most Rap/Hip Hop/R&B artists. I'm not sure that gets me many "fan" points though.

I'm less worried about my failure to recognize the source of Strongbad's humor while watching the e-mail, than I am about not recognizing the lyrics as being in the e-mail while DS was playing the CD in the car. There I was, singing along, bouncing in my seat, my head swinging in that spastic way that Red's does from Fraggle Rock... Did I notice? No, I did not.

Despite my proclamations of being their biggest fan, despite owning a The Cheat messenger bag, all the plastic figurines, all the patches, and a keychain, despite having seen every e-mail at least twice and some much more.. despite all of this, the truth has come out. I can't even recognize a Strongbad e-mail when I hear one...

Alright, let's not be too hard. If the line had come from this one, this one, this one, this one or even this one, I would totally be in on that joke.

Okay okay, you're right. I am a fan. Just maybe not the best... So go watch those e-mails!


----------
p.s. Don't forget the easter eggs.

7 comments:

*Monica said...

As always, your blog has been informative on a topic close to my heart.

I used to chat to a guy that knew the guys that do Strongbad, wanna touch me?

Monkey said...

You have Strongbad plastic figurines??? Where have I been? I must have some! I must!

And as I am not an Outkast fan, I did not recognize the lyrics in that one either.

::::scuttling off to see which other episodes I have missed::::

TROGDOR!!!!

Monkey said...

I want to touch Monica. Yes, I do.

Monkey said...

I realize that at this point, my comments are veering dangerously into the Spam Lane, but I had to tell you that I just spent an obscene amount of cash in the Homestarr store. Thanks!

Sleep Goblin said...

Monica.. I've already invited you over to my house.. what more do you want :) Besides, I went to grad school with a guy who knew them personally. So ha!

Monkey, what'd you get!?

HY, let me know if he responds. He never responds to my e-mails.

*Monica said...

Dang! You definately win!

Rowan said...

I wouldn't have a clue either!