September 17, 2005

House on the Rock

Today was the best day ever. Which was a nice recovery from yesterday's disaster. Let me elucidate.

First, I slept until noon. Wow do I feel better.

Second, on our way to the House on the Rock, we stopped at a place called Heck's Market Place. Here we bought a caramel apple, beef jerky, some Indian corn, and fresh apple cider. The all the edibles, including the apple cider, were gone before we got home. We love apple cider.

Third, also on our way to the House on the Rock, I saw Taliesin for the first time. Having studied FLW extensively while obtaining both of my degrees, this was quite a moment for me. I can't wait until we go back and tour it.

Taliesin

And Finally, after a year of anticipation after seeing it on the Travel Channel, I went to the House on the Rock. No words can describe it, so I shall illustrate what I did.

Got directions from a wizard.

Experienced the Infinity Room.

Found some cool art glass.

Looked a giant sea monster in the eye.

Read a St. Louis newspaper.

Failed to capture the majesty of the world's largest carousel..

.. not that I didn't try.


Saw some crazy chandaliers.

Found a dragon brave enough to stalk DS.

And made time to stop and smell the flowers.

7 comments:

Sleep Goblin said...

You say that like you're surprised...

And like the title says, it's the House on the Rock!

Calzone said...

That place looks chill. B.O.B.I needs a tad more game. Cryin doesnt usually get the ladies. Unless they catch you cheatin on em....then cry all night.

FRITZ said...

What fun! Let's all meet and go together, next time. Wouldn't that be great?

Spinning Girl said...

Wow, you had the best day ever.
I am obsessed with apple cider.

Monkey said...

Dearest Sleep Goblin ~ The House on the Rock looks amazing. Amazing I tell you!

And you and Dragon Slayer are adorable. The dragon behind DS is a little scary though. I would have peed myself.

I like Fritz's idea. Let's all meet there next year, or sometime soon. I'll bring the bananas and marshmallows.

Sleep Goblin said...

What do you mean you're "morally opposed to the House on the Rock"? It's just some guys weird collections. You go see FLW for a whole other reason.

A group vacation would be fun. But I would feel like the baby. Well, I think Bobi is younger than me.

*Monica said...

I am available?