Well, tonight DS and I finally got around to going Christmas light looking. What? Don't look at me like that. There were mitigating circumstances. Like impenetrable fog for a week, and DS falling asleep when the sun set.
December 26, 2007
December 25, 2007
December 20, 2007
Work is stressful at the moment, as I have a deadline on Jan 4th, but am about to be off for 11 days straight... which really means I'll just be working from home during my vacation some. Feeling responsible can really suck sometimes.
At any rate, between that and the following things, I've been both busy, somewhat stressed, and scarce. Here's a rundown.
Seals are pretty darn funny when they're flopping around on dry ground.
She asked me to design an ornament for her with her dogs Jake and Willard in it. I was pretty proud of the results, so I'm showing it off.
And finally, I fulfilled a long-standing dream of mine and designed a 3d Sleep Goblin. You know you want one!! And if not, I do, which means I have to make another, cause this was a gift.
Posted by Sleep Goblin at 10:54 PM
December 13, 2007
My friend Luke has a window office on the third floor at work (that's as high as it goes). We think he might be on his way to have the world's largest icicle hanging from the roof above him. It goes well down into the second floor level. The girl in the office below him looks out at the bottom.
December 12, 2007
The mystery has been solved! It was indeed ordered from a person and not a store. Thanks sister of DS!!
December 10, 2007
December 06, 2007
Dude. I am a horrible wife.... Somehow I forgot to announce that DS gave his defense on Monday, and is now officially Dr. DS!! (Maybe not so horrible, I did go watch it, and carry all that food he bought and no one ate up 3 flights of stairs.)
December 05, 2007
More snow was dumped on us yesterday, and I believe more is on the way throughout the week. Man I love living here! This year, our families are coming to us, and I have a feeling they won't be so happy. They all come from much warmer climates... Don't you just love the way the snow clings to the greenery? All the fir and pine trees around here look AWESOME!
Posted by Sleep Goblin at 8:36 AM
December 02, 2007
December 01, 2007
1. Several of my work friends have a tradition of "trashing" a co-worker's office on their birthday. Plans are made in secret, and all work is done after the co-worker has left so they'll be surprised the morning of their birthday. This week was Jim's birthday, and he came in to 3 feet of balloons. Check out that static*! 286 balloons are good for that.
2. I have a large marker board in my office. When it's not full of ideas for work projects, people draw on it. This image started with the sailboat, then came the guy falling off and a shark eating his leg. A few days later, a turtle was eating a shark, and then a whale was eating the turtle. Then Jonah appeared, and then an alien "fishing" for the whale. What I love most is that I never asked any of these people to add to the drawing, it just happened. Often when I wasn't in the room.
3. It's snowing. Hard. And the winter storm warning doesn't even start for several more hours. I love winter!!
4. We put up our Christmas decorations the day after Thanksgiving as usual while we watched Christmas Vacation. This year I bought extra plug timers so I don't have to turn on or off any of my lights. They're on when I get home from work, and go off some time after I fall asleep. Aside from the fact that we can't keep Winston from chewing on the tree (that crazy cat likes to chew on plastic.. makes me almost wish we'd gotten a real tree), I'd say our new apartment is a decorating success! Also, Winston would like to start the countdown to Christmas!
* Image may require enlarging to see static effects.