September 16, 2005

Busy Bee

I've been very busy lately. Before I had a "9 to 5" job, I started a lot of projects to help me make money. Unfortunately, they require a lot of time, and aren't bring in money yet. It would seem this was poor planning on my part. However, they are endeavors that I find much more rewarding and stimulating than my job, so I'm still doing them.

The first is working with MT to sell my crafts on her site. It shouldn't be too much longer before I have that up and running. That first mobile I sold that I mentioned previously? That's actually from DS's mom. She rocks.

The second is making jewelry for the company Blue Hill by Hand. I get paid per piece, and when I'm done, I know that I've created something that someone will use. I don't design these pieces, but that's probably a good thing, considering how long it takes me to design things. Virgos are perfectionists and very picky.

The other thing taking up my time, other than work of course, are the myriad of birthday's I'm preparing for. Being poor and artistic, I tend to make presents, rather than buy them. However, this usually means that presents from me are late. Just ask Kel, who is still waiting on the poncho I made her for Christmas last year. And now her birthday is the 30th. DS's is the 28th. And my step-dad's was.. yesterday. I finished his present last night though, so I'ma run to the post office before work today to send it off.

My step-dad is the kind of person that won't let us get rid of those handwritten ornaments with our names on them, even when they get water damaged and crusty. Which is something I find funny, since he's not sentamental about anything else really. He is especially adament about keeping the ornaments with former pet names. So, I decided to make him ornaments of their current four dogs, and also of his doberman whom he still misses. I actually wanted MT to make them, because they would have been so cute. But she's just as busy as I am, so being too nice to straight up tell me no, she suggested I make them myself. Well, I tried.

3 comments:

Jesse said...

I'd like to point out, Miss Goblin, you've lifted a blog title straight from my archives. tsk tsk. No soup for you!

Aside, my secret word that I had to enter for this comment was "baxcolem." I've had that before. The inflammation is uncomfortably, but it can be cleared up mostly with ice and a round of antibiotics.

Spinning Girl said...

I think it's great that you can make a living despite the daily challenge of living with autism.

excuse me... what's that?

oh.

artistic.

never mind.

Spinning Girl said...

but of course I jest. Brava on the cool paper mobiles! I like pretty things!!!