September 25, 2005

Fall


Summer has been lingering much longer than I'd like. Actually, I don' t like summer at all, so any amount of time is too long.

However, two days ago, the temperature dropped in the 60's overnight, and the next day brought only the lower 70's. With it came the rain. To me, this is just dandy. I love rain. This batch actually started with a series of thunderstorms, which is even better. I should have been a storm chaser...

This is my favorite time of year. The temperatures are perfect for all my hottest looking clothing. Apple cider, pumpkin pie, and hot apple butter... man, what's not to love? I can't wait for the leaves to start changing. And then there's Halloween, followed in what feels like quick succession by Thanksgiving and Christmas and New Year's. Oh yes, I'm so happy right now. I've hung my banner to celebrate.


-------------------------
Update: The rain just turned once again into a storm. The rain gods love me :)

14 comments:

Monkey said...

Fall is indeed, the best time of the year. I wish it lasted 4 months instead of one.

*Monica said...

We get about a one month fall too,Monkey..bleh

Monkey said...

Isn't it obscene? There should be a law, a law I tell you!! Two months of Fall, mininum.

Sleep Goblin said...

No no no. If we're going to go so far as have a law, it should be a bare minimum of 4 months per season. At least then it's fair. But then.. if we were partial (which we are) we could make more of fall! Or maybe have it come twice a year!

Spinning Girl said...

Oh, you make it sound so wonderful! I too love autumn; it is my favorite. So nostalgic, so chortly. And my birthday!
Today I found a beautful red leaf; you'd have liked it.

Sleep Goblin said...

Oooh! When is your birthday?? I collect them.

Spinning Girl said...

11.5 of course!!!

p.s. There's a
lovefest / Twister game going on at BOBI's if you'd like to join in. I'm all alone over there.

Spinning Girl said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Spinning Girl said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Spinning Girl said...

On Spinning Girls, also.

FRITZ said...

Yea! I love rain, too. Here in Georgia, as I type, it is raining for the first time in twenty days, which is really unusual for us to have gone so long without. Now, the wind has picked up, the chimes are ringing on the deck, and the rain is speckling the windows.

At last, at last, fall is here. Thank heavens.

Ms. Adventures said...

Hey Sleep Goblin, I've seen you on b.o.b.i's blog but never been to yours.

I too am super, super glad fall is rolling around. It's my favorite time of the year too. I have to start thinking about what my kids will wear trick-or-treating though. I always have aspirations of making them some badd ass costumes and then before you know it, Halloween's here, we're carving the pumpkin the night before, and I'm frantically looking around for cheap Power Ranger costumes(or the flavor of the year).

Anyway, like your blog, I'll stop back by and say hello.

Jesse said...

Ahhhhh yes. Fall in Wisconsin--the 3 lovely days between summer and winter.

Rowan said...

NO! I am the type to enjoy fall for what it's worth, I mean, it's beautiful, but with it comes melancholy that school is back, and that the winter blues are around the corner. I wish I could either have the fair 3 mos. each season, or else have summer for the longest part of it.