November 20, 2005

Harry Potter

So, I spent a hellish day at work yesterday. The weekend marked the beginning of hunting season here apparently, which also apparently marks the beginning of shopping season for women. I'm pretty sure I only saw about 4 men in my store all day yesterday. Also, let me just say that I think it's total crap that I can't tell customers when we close unless they ask. Especially when those customers come in the store as I'm ringing up my last customer 10 min after we close. Even more especially when they stay until 45 min after we close. And if those women had stayed any later, thereby jeopardizing my early arrival to the late showing of the new Harry Potter, I would have personally grabbed them by the uvula and thrown them out of the store myself.

Okay, now for the good stuff. I saw the new Harry Potter movie last night!! I do have to say that it is without a doubt my favorite movie so far. But then, the 4th book is absolutely amazing, so anything less would have been a disappointment. The crowd was awesome too. It was sold out (of course), and the whole theater laughed together. Cried together. Clapped together at the end. I love it when everyone claps at the end of a good movie. DS too was impressed. The whole movie was a surprise for him, not having read the books. I made sure to wear my Gryffindor scarf that my friend Chanda made me. I was much cooler than all the college students running around with little wooden brooms. However, reign at the top of the cool pyramid was quickly dashed when I spotted a guy wearing an actual Gryffindor Quidditch jersey. *le sigh*

And on a funny note: They of course took advantage of the large crowds and showed about 10 movie previews. Among them, a move entitled Happy Feet. This is apparently a CGI version of March of the Penguins, where of course the animals talk and dance. First, I couldn't believe the blatant wave riding this movie was attempting to do. OOohhh, March of the Penguins was a huge hit! I bet we could make tons more if we made them talk! Then, I remembered this article that I'd read in The Onion a while back. I was still sad that the article was so right on, but I could at least laugh at the absurdity of it all...

5 comments:

*Monica said...

Throwing people around by the uvula sounds like mega fun. I am so glad you had an awesome time and I still rank you highest on the cool pyramid.

Willie Baronet said...

I watched Harry Potter last night too. Amazing, especially the dragon and the underwater stuff. Then I rewatched Napolean Dynamite for the umpteenth time and coveted the "Vote for Pedro" t-shirt. Sweet.

Rowan said...

I saw HP too!
Cept I hated it...it didn't make sense at the end to me, and I didn't enjoy the plot as much as the others, seemed--lame.

Sleep Goblin said...

Whoa whoa whoa. WHAT? What didn't make sense? Have you read the book? Lame? I'm flabbergasted!

kimberlina said...

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! rowan used "lame" and "harry potter" in the same sentence?

*faint*