February 06, 2006

Taxes

I just spent many many hours doing my taxes. Normally, I can do them in about 20 minutes, but today, this was not the case. There are several reasons:

  • I had to file partial-year resident forms for both Kentucky and Wisconsin
  • I initially filled out a 1040A form
  • Only to remember that I now have a business that requires the 1040 form with a Schedule C form
  • And of course I remember this after doing Kentucky taxes too, and therefore had to start over.
You can bet I'm really looking forward to doing DS's while he's gone... Though honestly, his are probably much easier, even with his IRA stuff.

2 comments:

kimberlina said...

oh, good lord. taxes?! i have my boyfriend do them - he used to work for the irs. even though mine are seriously easy.
is your business the craft business? making fun stuffs? i'm hoping to start one, too. soon... so very soon! (and then taxes will get harder for the boy. hehe.)

Sleep Goblin said...

Kimberlina: It is indeed, though I didn't make much last year. I'm hoping to devote more time to it this year.