February 04, 2006

Life Aquatic, etc.

I just finished watching The Life Aquatic for the second time. Wow. I love that movie. I cannot stress this enough. I have been wanting to watch it for ever so long, because it seemed similar to the Royal Tenanbaums, and I enjoyed that one. DS, however, always used his veto power (which we each have) when we took our Blockbuster trips.

In his absence, I can catch up on my vetoed choices. This one I borrowed from a friend, and have threatened to never return. It is, by far, the best movie I have seen in a very long time. It's so complicated, so emotional, so real inside such a very unreal exterior. The imagery is beautiful, the acting superb, and the music.. awesome. The inclusion of Sigur Ros as the jaguar shark comes into view.. I actually cried. Not out of sadness. Beautiful things make me cry too.

So if you haven't seen this movie yet, and you have a bit of an imagination, I highly recommend it.

While I was watching the movie, I did the following:

1) Let my hair dry without brushing it, so the curls would stay. (What, you didn't realize my hair was, kinda, naturally curly? They come out easily with a brush, and are hidden by a layer of very straight hair on top. I could easily curl the whole mess of it everyday if I wanted, but I'm too lazy.)

2) Quilled 30 penguin bodies. That's one step closer to having 30 penguin ornaments finished. The really sad thing is that I had made all of the bottom parts already, but had forgotten to put in the white stomachs. I don't know where my brain was that night, but I had to start over. I'm hoping I'll find another use for so many black circles later.

On a completely unrelated note, DS went snowboarding in the Alps today. He has a picture on his blog.

3 comments:

kimberlina said...

ah! your hair is beautiful! i am jealous. my stick straight hair never does what i want it to. *sigh*

Unknown said...

I love Bill Murray. *sigh*

Willie Baronet said...

I love Bill Murray too. And what I want to know is how did you take that pic of the back of your head?? :-)