February 08, 2006

New Adventure

I had planned to do DS's taxes today, but I've realized that he has more investments than I thought, and am still waiting on two tax things. Makes me feel rather inept finacially by comparison.

Monday wasn't so bad really. It was yesterday that dragged. Even with sleeping in yesterday morning, I was still sleepy, and stiff. The day seemed to go on forever, even though it was much shorter than the one before.

So, I slept in today too. Why not? It's my day off, I can do that.

And now for some exciting news. I have been trying to leach off others for a while now, looking for friends who have webspace, sell their stuff, etc, and trying to get them to sell mine. I wasn't planning to do much of this on a regular basis, and webspace can be expensive. However, I've finally decided to bite the bullet and go for it. I have set up house at one sleepgoblin.com. There isn't much there as of yet. I mean, I'm still finishing Christmas ornaments. *sigh* But, now I have incentive! Tomorrow, I'm buying my seller's permit!

This is not to say that I don't still want to work with those of you I've spoken to about this. However, I've decided that I want a place where I can be in control. I do still think that networking, and working together, provides the best chances for success in the craft business, as it gives people more options, and more reason to keep checking back with your store. This also means that I'm open to discussing working with other crafters that would like to get their stuff out there.

So stay tuned for a Sleep Goblin Crafts store!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congratulations! Look forward to seeing your new store on-line!