February 07, 2006

Don't Answer!

My phone rang about 5 min before my alarm was supposed to sound. It was set at a reasonable 9:30 am. I didn't have to be up, so snooze was a valid option, but if I felt saucy, I could get some things done. Normal things, like a shower, and laundry, before going to work at 1.

Alas, the call was work. Someone called in this morning, making them 1 short of the required 2 people needed to open the store. I pulled a double duty today. That's 11 hours. Open to close. There are some things about management that are not so great.

This is why I'm tired. This is why I'm just now finishing my papaw's 80th birthday card. (Did you know Winnie the Pooh turns 80 this year? It made for a fun card.) This is why I am now going to bed, and looking forward to sleeping in for real tomorrow.

And if my phone rings.. I'm not answering.

Edit:--------------------------------------------------

Monkey asked to see the card, so here it is. I apologize for the blurriness. My new camera doesn't have a macro mode. :(

It says "It looks like you and Winnie-the-Pooh have more in common that a love of sweets..." Followed by a quilled Pooh holding a honey jar, and a hershey kiss. Inside, it says "You're both turning 80!" etc.

5 comments:

Monkey said...

Sleeeeeeeep.

Will we get to see a photo of the card you made for Paw Paw? I need inspiration!

mlk said...

A boojum is a variety of snark. A nasty version of a non-existant creature.
http://www.literature.org/authors/carroll-lewis/the-hunting-of-the-snark/chapter-03.html

read the whole thing here
http://www.literature.org/authors/carroll-lewis/the-hunting-of-the-snark/index.html
It's good.

Calzone said...

management??

You are the man.

*Monica said...

11 hours!!! My sad 8 hours I was bitching about doesn't seem so bad. Sleep, my pet, sleeeeeeeep

kimberlina said...

good lord. you are a work monster! and management?! you are amazing.
if you ever want to work for me.... ;)