October 09, 2005

Trip to Kentucky, Day 2

Today I slept in until 11. It was great.

My mom and I lounged around until mid afternoon. Then we gussied up (ie. showered and put on clean clothes) and went to the new Kohl's that opened in town. I came away with dish clothes, because I'm so hip like that. A set for Halloween that are green, with tombstones and say "halloween rocks" and a set for Thanksgiving, orange and white with a piece of pumpkin pie that say "all in favor say pie". I'm a sucker for decorating.

After Kohl's, we decided to hit Fayette Mall. I'd noticed in the paper that they had recently expanded, and now claim to be the largest mall in Kentucky. So we went to check it out, and I think they're lying. Both the Oxmoor Mall, in Louisville, and the Florence Mall seem bigger. Most of the new stores weren't open either. It was pretty lame. I've made it a habit to avoid malls except for maybe twice a year, and every time I go, I'm reminded why I avoided them in the first place. Way too many people. Way too many stupid people. *shudders*

On the way home, we stopped at the Plum Tree, a local Chinese restaurant, for some take out. I think I could live on steamed rice. We watched Monster-in-Law over dinner, which was very funny. I have to admit, I'm a sucker for Jennifer Lopez movies. Though I'm a staunch avoider of Jennifer Lopez music. Mock me if you will, I don't care.

People magazine came today. That thing they're calling a cottage that Prince William owns?? That is NOT a cottage. But I'd live in it any day.

Now I'm just hoping DS is successful in motivating the crew to pack up and leave at a decent hour, as I would prefer to avoid a repeat of Thursday. I miss my bed :)

4 comments:

*Monica said...

Malls are dens of stupidity. I avoid them as well, MOST of the time. I am glad you are having fun though!!

(yes, it was blue, send me an application, please)

Spinning Girl said...

green with envy.

minus the mall part.

kimberlina said...

mock mock mock!

i love people who wear their guilty pleasures with pride.

Rowan said...

u make me wanna go shopping!

Plus I hate Jennifer Lopex music too, but the movies are alright