October 03, 2005

A Crappy Day

I'm not sure what the heck Bobi was talking about in the comments of the last post, but I'll assume it means he wants an update.

I have tendonitis in both of my wrists. I have since I was a freshman in high school, where a year of typing class and learning gymnastics for cheerleading were more than they could handle. Everyday symptoms include random popping and trouble picking up a full gallon of milk. However, over exerting them leads to some real pain, which is currently what I'm suffering from. At work, I have to lift big mirrors and art pieces all the time. DS is also getting me to climb a lot. My wrists are protesting. To make it worse, I only have one wrist brace, which means I have to alternate which wrist will feel relief at work. I'm hoping that when I go home this weekend, I'll find my set at Mom's house. Building cars at Toyota while I lived there was definitely a cause for sleeping in braces.

Also, I think I'm getting arthiritis... my fingers have been stiff for days. Maybe it's just my wrists' fault? I don't know, but it sucks.

And then there was this morning, when I got stuck in a repeating dream that revolved around the sudden death of my mother. I do not feel good today. I don't want to go to work. I don't want to finish making all this stupid jewelry. I'm mad that I can't get the Special Edition Word Whomp badge on pogo. I'm dumb with words.

I think I need a hot bath. I don't have any comfort food here... so I'll pull a Monkey and say, Please send comfort food.

9 comments:

kimberlina said...

wow. heather, can i come too? bubble baths are the best on crappy days. that or a nice breeze, a hammock and a thick quilt. maybe some hot chocolate. with mint. and a good book with some music on in the background, the birds chirping above...

that's it, i'm organizing a breakout from my job. move out!

helpful hint: glucosamine is the only proven help for arthritis. it builds back cartilage or something. but you have to take a certain amount of it each day for 3 months before it starts working.

Rowan said...

I have one of them tubs too! Yes, Heather and Kimberlina are right, you need some R&R. Incidentally, I have RSD (repetitive stress disorder) and I know what you mean of the pain in your hands, wrists, and forearms. sucks.

Spinning Girl said...

I have Ben & Jerry's mint oreo, would that be good?
Don't delay getting your wrists & stuff looked at some more. It never pays to put medical stuff off, & blow it off & tell yourself it's nothing. I have learned this in my many years!
I am sending you thoughts of loving support.

*Monica said...

I am making you a grilled cheese sandwich with the cheese of your choice and some soup....then comes the wrist massage and the warm beverage.

Calzone said...

thats a drag, hope you feel better. It's cool you know how to pop, can you also lock and roll around on a card board box?

Anonymous said...

sorry to hear you had a bad day! i wish you was here i would fix you tuna helper and ice cream with milk in it for desert to cheer you up.tomorrow will be a better day:)

Monkey said...

I have some Ben & Jerry's Chunky Monkey icecream and a bowl of banana soup. That OK?

I'm with everyone else who said R&R and glucosamine. It works for me.

Sleep Goblin said...

Well, I'll say this. If all those hot tubs and ice creams come in the mails, I'll be one fat, boiling girl... :)

Mo, you can bring grilled cheese whenever you come over. Or just make it here.

Harry Yak.. wow. I had no idea. I think you made DS a little jealous. Thank you.

Dad: I use the keyboard.. I just can't figure out all the words.. stupid game.

Everyone else: I love you too. But I'm too tired and too headachey to write out individual thanks tonight. So, sweet dreams everyone. And thank you again for your warm wishes.

FRITZ said...

oook. I also have tendonitis and arthritis in my finnegars. I know the pain you are talking about. Quite frankly, the wrist braces are the best relief. You could try acupuncture. I've heard that works.
I know what you mean, though. You just get a bad kick-off to a day and it's like, "Oh, hell. Let's just scratch this one and start over tomorrow."