October 06, 2005

Finding Peace

The past couple of weeks have been really rough, but tonight, I'm finding peace.

Not that I've ever forgotten, but sometimes, I remember how much I love DS. It just wells up inside of me, like I'm going to burst. When it happens, I just want to squeeze him, smell him, rub his spikey hair. Just be near. My skin tingles like our auras are tickling each other. The feeling is so strong that all I can do with it is laugh, similar to the way sometimes bad things well up in you and you just have to scream.

It's strange how even though we live together, I rarely see him. I've been closing a lot at work, so that I'm still asleep when he goes to work, and he gives me just enough time to tell him how my day went before he crashes when I get home. All together, I'd say we're averaging about 15 min a day in each other's presence. The rest of the time we're home together, he's like this:Look at him, sleeping away. Isn't he precious? I get this feeling a lot when he's sleeping, and I run into our room and just squeeze him. Most of the time, he grunts a little and falls back asleep, not even realizing the next day that I woke him, if even slightly.

Today he stayed up until 11. That's pretty rare for him. He's an early riser. So I curled up with him until he was sleeping. Somehow, just doing something like that calms me down. He always manages to bring me back to my center, even when he's not trying.

He likes to make me CD's. I'm listening to my latest, "Sleep Goblin V.3: Instrumental." When I was in middle/high school, I use to fall asleep to my softer cd's. College got me out of the habit, since my roommates were usually against the idea. DS does it every night though, and I like it. This CD is kinda like a sleep CD. It's very calming, and I think about how much he loves me every time I listen to it. I always say.. It's the little things...

On top of all of these mushy feelings, the rain came back. The is bringing back temperatures I can tolerate. I just wasn't built for heat and humidity. It's a nice hard rain too. I love the sound of rain, so soothing.

On that note, because I'm sure most of you are ready to say "get a room" or some other goofy comment, I shall do just that. I'm going to lie down, read Book 10 of the Wheel of Time series, listen to the rain, and be close to the love of my life.


---------------------
PS: Would someone tell me how to do an audio post?

9 comments:

Monkey said...

Awww! I loved this post! And DS looks absolutely precious all snuggly in the bed.

I have not been able to do an audio post. I've tried, but it never goes over. So... someone else will have to answer that.

Love the photo of the rain too. It's getting all foggy and colorful here. I should take some photos.

Hugs,
Monkey's Human and Monkey

Calzone said...

Sigh...I can't make fun of that. Can I come over and watch you guys snuggle some time??

Sleep Goblin said...

Knowing how close the two of you are, it means a lot. Come over anytime :)

*Monica said...

Love the sleepy picture and the rain.

Have you registered your phone to audio post with blogger? I think it is somewhere on the dashboard page. OR the main log in page.I just call the number, follow the prompts, talk and push a button.

Sleep Goblin said...

But what if I want to post a song?

Spinning Girl said...

So sweet. I am filled with longing for that coziness.

kimberlina said...

that was truly one of the most wonderful, least vomit-inducing lovey posts i have ever had the distinct pleasure of reading.

it makes me so happy! reminds me of how i feel about my ant. i took pictures of him today at the coffee shop, just watching him read and chew on bits of plastic from his cup. *smile*

*Monica said...

Hmm, SleepGoblin, I was actually planning on trying to figure that out myself. Ask Phil? He posted himself playing guitar recently. So that was a file, not a phone entry.

FRITZ said...

I love this post to your man. I know exactly what you are talking about. When Michael sleeps, he almost resembles a little kid, and he's so cute, I have to cuddle him and kiss his ear. And he'll kind of wake up slowly and smile, and then, BAM he's right back asleep.

Also, I am glad the fall has come as well. I don't do well in heat, either. We're just a coupla midwestern gals.

Good night, Sleep Goblin.