December 04, 2005

Beauty

I was telling a friend how I'm sappy enough that commercials can make me cry. When they learned that I cried about a Haagen-Daz commercial, they laughed. Now, it's not like I was bawling. It was just a tear or two. But the beauty of the newer Haagen-Daz commercials is just more than I can take. The imagery.. The music.. it's just so pure.

I found out that you can watch them online, and I've been watching them over and over. My favorite is "Anthem", but I also like "Vanilla" and their new "Impossible." I recommend watching them with QuickTime if you can. On my computer at least, the PC versions have been having trouble. They're just not framed right.

You can also download the music to them, which I've had on repeat. I'm all goosebumpy now.

You can laugh if you want to. But you have to admit that even for a commercial, those are some wonderful pieces of art.

3 comments:

Casey said...

I kick you back! Take that. I like sleep but don't like goblins, so I don't know how I feel about you...

*Monica said...

OK, You were spot on..these commercials are beautiful.

introspectre said...

You're right, those were gorgeous.

I'm a Breyers girl myself, but it applies to either, I suppose...