June 13, 2005

Morphine and Demerol

The doctor's finally did surgery today. Because we weren't sure what time my parents would make it to the hospital from work, my brother listed me as the person they should talk to through everything. When the surgery was over, my mom had shown up, and they still directed all of their comments to me, which I found pretty funny. Though after spending nine hours at the hospital with him, I deserved a few moments of amusement.

They showed me pictures of all of his internal organs. It's very neat to see what a gall bladder looks like. You may think it's gross, but I assure you, that was the highlight of my day. Everything seemed to be perfectly normal, including his appendix. They took it out anyway, but there is still no answer for the great mystery that is my brother's pain. The surgery may have all been for naught, though it's hard to tell with all the painkillers he's on. Getting morphine and demerol can't be a total waste. Lucky bastard.

No comments: