June 18, 2005

Making Cards

Father's Day is tomorrow, and though I'm not always on the best of terms with either of my two dads, my brother made me an offer I couldn't refuse. I, as usual, had little money to put towards any kind of gift, so he said he would get the gifts if I took care of the cards. Which is great, because I can do that for free!



The image on top is the card I made for my stepdad, which feature images of my brother and I as little tykes. We were little horrors. Especially my brother. Can't you tell by that face he's making?

The image on the bottom is from a Harley ad in a Rolling Stone issue. I tried to make it appear 3d, but I think it shows up better in person.



Finally, this is a card a made for my grandfather, who was recently in the hospital. Though as far as I know, he's doing fine. Since we're actually going to his house for Father's Day, I thought I'd make something for him too. I used a technique called quilling, which is basically just rolling up a lot of little pieces of paper and gluing them together. Its an effect I've used a lot, because I really like it. If I find some of my older designs, I'll post them later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yes, the motorcyle looks really cool in person. hmmm, wonder where all the talent comes from? :)