June 30, 2005

Heat, Heat, Go Away

Dear Mr. Heat Miser,

First, let me start off by saying that you have always been one of my favorite Rankin/Bass characters. You are way cooler than your brother, Jack Frost. When you dance around those flames and sing your song about why the heat is better.. well, I get all warm inside.

However, recent events in our local weather patterns have begun to disurb me. Perhaps Mr. Frost has been playing a nasty trick on you, and messed with your new GIS/GPS integrated system. It would be just the kind of thing he would do. My point is, I live in Kentucky, not Ecuador. So perhaps you could back off a bit with the 100ยบ weather. I mean, it's only June. I thought that was more like "only for two weeks in August" weather.

Whatever you decide, please remember that I am forever your friend. Though I swear, if you don't cool it off a bit, I WILL get your mother involved. I mean hey, it worked for Santa.

Warmest Regards,

SG

1 comment:

Sleep Goblin said...

My letter must have reached him, because the temperture dropped below 70 last night for the first time in over a week. Though it's still in the high 80's, that's way better than 100.

But moving to Wisconsin isn't a bad idea!