February 20, 2012

The Verge of Something

I finished reading The Diamond Age by Neal Stephenson today.  I found the ending to be abrupt, and that made all the side store lines feel inconsequential.  Which is too bad, because had they gone somewhere, they would have probably been considered awesome.  As I was entering this read into Goodreads, I saw that I'm already 4 books behind for reading goal this year.  This is not a good sign...  It also has me thinking about my other goals for the year that I posted.

In my head, I was doing really terrible at all my goals.  But as I look back over them, I'm not doing too awful really.  I haven't been working on learning to code at all, but I've been making excellent progress on the cross stitch and Star Trek.  DS and I have been climbing twice a week, which is one more day of exercise than I wanted already.  I can already tell that soon I'll be doing other exercises specifically to make my climbing better, so that the exercise thing is in the bag.  I'm not blogging as much as I might want, but I am technically blogging more.  And while it hasn't really felt like I've been playing my instruments like I intended, in truth I just haven't been playing the mandolin/violin/hammered dulcimer, which need the most work.  I've been playing the crap out of my piano, and even finished writing that song I was working on.  As for board games, we had people over last night for that reason, and while we did not play one of our newer ones, we did play a rather fun game of Clue.

So things that still need work: the clothing pattern, coding, weaving, my website, and Etsy.  Also, at some point I threw learning sign language into the mix.

Last band practice was pretty awesome.  We finally found our new trumpet player, and he's a pretty cool guy.  So we're going to start looking for shows to go again, which will be fun.

I have this strange feeling that all aspects of life in general are on the verge of something great.  I've felt like this before, and even if it doesn't go anywhere, I really like being caught up in this feeling of profoundness.  But I'm holding onto this thing's coat tails and letting it pull me where it needs to go.  Bring it, greatness.

1 comment:

kimberlina said...

i like that. i need to feel on the verge. probably i should stop drinking beer every night.