March 12, 2006

Another

My grandfather, on my Mom's side, passed this morning. He had been having strokes since before Christmas, so I have to admit I was expecting it. And in a way, I'm happy, because I know he hated being in the hospital. Plus, they discovered his throat wasn't working right anymore, and sending his food into his lungs, so he wasn't even going to be able to eat for the rest of his life. Now, that won't break his heart. Or maybe it did...

At any rate, I'm okay, and my Mom seems okay. I can't always tell with her, she's always been good at hiding things until they boil over. So Grandpa, I hope you can eat lots of yummy foods in Heaven, and that all of your old beagles are there to play with you.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss, SG.

*Monica said...

I am so sorry to hear about this. Having just experienced the passing of my grandfather, I completely agree that it is ok to be happy for them as well. And anyone that loves beagles is ok in my book.

Anonymous said...

Aww I'm sorry, but I'm glad he's at peace since he was having such a rough time. And I agree about the beagles---my grandfather raised them so I've always had a soft spot for them. (Chanda)

dizzy von damn! said...

i'm sorry to hear of your loss, but i'm sure there will be excellent things to eat, and many many beagles.

kimberlina said...

*hugs* sorry to hear about your grandfather! and beagles are always in heaven to play. always.

Willie Baronet said...

Blessings to you SG. I suspect that you were a wonderful granddaughter, and that you made his life much richer. Keep him with you.

Spinning Girl said...

Oh, I am sorry. But I am happy he was spared a miserable end. I heart you!