August 21, 2006

2 months to go..

Talk about scary: today makes exactly two months before we get married. Crap!

The good news? The only major thing we have left to do is plan the ceremony. We're in the process of collecting good quotes and readings for potential use. If you have any suggestions, feel free to share. Just a word of caution, we don't want anything too cheesy or preachy. We're contemplating some good marriage advice ones that are short and sweet for our parents to read. So come on, pitch in!

Any of you long-term blogging friends want to come to the wedding? Let me know that too. I doubt any of you will, since none of you live in Ky, which is mostly why I know I can say this without ruining my budget *wink*. Seriously though, I'll make a backup invite list in case we have more people say they're not coming than we expect, making more room in our pocketbooks. As of right now, all of the invites are in the mail, so if you didn't get one, I'm sorry, but we're just too poor to feed you. We still love you though.

Let's see, what else? My first dress fitting is tomorrow. I've started the bridesmaids' jewelery. We've gotten back two reply cards already. Yup, that's it.

See? I told you guys planning a wedding in another state in under 6 months wouldn't be a problem! People should hire me as their wedding planner.

2 comments:

Willie Baronet said...

Stay calm. Remember it is only one day. I have a reading I will send to you. I want bloggy props if you use it! ;-)

Spinning Girl said...

I love that you can plan a huge event in relatively short time. And that you are making stuff.
It makes me want to be your friend.