March 26, 2008

The Mighty Hunter

Not too terribly long ago, I became interested in felt making, both wet felting and needle felting. So I have a small collection of natural and dyed wools that I keep in a tote. For a while, I would wake up in the mornings to the wool be strung throughout the apartment. I assumed it was Winston, because he's usually the bad one. Turns out, I was wrong. It was this one:

If this wool is anywhere even remotely close to a place she can reach, she will get it. I used to store the entire tote in my wire shelving, which is about 1.3 feet square or so, and stacked on top of each other. This was on the 5th shelf, so not close to the ground. And she got to it.

So I thought, if I can't beat her, I'll give her what she wants. I made a needle felted mouse toy.

I didn't keep it long. In fact, taking these pictures were difficult.

She's very happy, and is strutting around the house, meowing loudly to let us all know of her glorious kill. She's so tough.

1 comment:

kimberlina said...

hahaha! that mouse is ADORABLE!! and i love when they strut. they are just so powerful.