July 15, 2005

Indeed, it is.

Dear Car-without-a-name,

So this is goodbye. I'm sorry I never gave you a name, and that I constantly reminded you that you weren't as good as my last car, Becky. I know that's usually a sign that the relationship cannot last. Still, I think giving up on me only six months into this thing was a rash decision. Becky held in there for eight years, and she was older than you too.

Thank you for not having a leaky windshield like Becky did, and for having a working rear defrost. I also thought it was really hot you had a clock in your dash. Becky was never one for new technology.

I hope you liked it when I washed your upholstery, and when I gave you new parts. I always thought that new drive axles, brakes, radiators, a/c, batteries, belts, and tires were an old car's dream come true. Apparently, I was off the mark, as it was the transmission that did us in.

It was only six months, but we had some decent times. Be good to your new owner, and thanks for being worth $700 to them.

Your owner no more,
SG

No comments: