March 17, 2009

Weaving 101

I'm soooo excited!! As mentioned before, on Saturday I bought a loom. It's not a huge thing (you have to work up to that kind of commitment!). It's a 20" Knitters Loom by Ashford, a type of rigid heddle. Except it's only kinda rigid, because it can fold in half for easy transport. I'm in love. It's made almost entirely out of wood, and it feels so nice in my hands.

It came with complete instructions, beginning to end, for how to make a scarf. So I did. I'm very impressed with myself.

Weaving is so mesmerizing. It's like an itch that no amount of scratching will make go away. I hope it stays that way, because I had so much fun making that scarf. I just love pushing the shuttle back and forth, beating the threads... it's awesome. Besides, if I get goodat this, I'm going to sell all kinds of things! Placemats, coasters, small rugs. You name it! I'm taking pre-orders :)

3 comments:

Code name: 1% said...

Sooooo pretty! That looks like the fun.

*Monica said...

I love that!! You did excellent. And I agree, even though I do a different type it is very addicting and almost meditative.

kimberlina said...

neat!!! you should be impressed w/ yourself. that loom looks awesome - like sun warmed wood. mmm...