December 10, 2006

16 Days until Christmas

DS and I went Christmas shopping today. Normally, I get excited about that. I'm not sure why I didn't, especially since we could afford to do it without the help of our credit cards for the first time ever. I'm in a bit of a funk. The house is a mess, but I can't seem to get it clean, even when I try. The new ornaments aren't done, and I'm running out of time to mail them, much less sale them. Christmas decorations are only half done. I'm still not recovered from my work trip.

While the trip itself was exhausting, it was a good experience. I was stationed in the PACU the whole week, which is basically where patients recover after surgery. There were no walls, so it took me a little while to get used to being so close to half naked people who are full of morphine. Switching to an EMR (electronic medical record) can be very stressful for the people who work in the hospital, but I was pleasantly surprised to see how wonderful the nurses in my unit adapted. Even the first day, when things are the hardest, they were cheerful and easy-going. I couldn't have asked for a better experience for my first work trip. By the end of the week they were asking for my address to send me a Christmas card, which really touched me. Then again, I did spend 12 hours a day with them :)

Tomorrow I'm hopefully going to craft at my friend Anne's house, which probably means I'm going to be making ornaments. I don't want to impose this depression on anyone else though, so here's hoping I wake up just a little bit perkier.

No comments: