September 11, 2007

Catch up

Lots of this on my blog lately.... sorry guys.

1. Saw the Flaming Lips for free. Dude walked over the crowd in a giant bubble. Nutso, yet totally awesome.

2. Going to therapy. So far it sucks. Trying to hold out for the making me feel better part.

3. Heading to Austin, Tx tomorrow for the ACL music festival. Driving... Let's hope I have enough books and cd's to make it there an back with my sanity intact.

4. Have finally gotten DS to enjoy reading, more than 8 sentences at a time. He's plowing through Harry Potter books. In fact, he's read 4 books in the last month alone, and one was a random book about tree climbers. I think aliens have stolen my husband.

5. Did you know there's an OCD dedicated specifically to peeling off your own skin? It's called dermatillomania, and I'm pretty sure I have it. At least, I have to wear band-aids on my thumbs to keep from picking, because even bleeding doesn't deter me. EW.

6. There's a similar disorder related to pulling out your own hair. Can't really put a band-aid on that, so I feel lucky.

7. My birthday's tomorrow, and I will officially (in my mind) no longer be what I consider a "young adult". I'm not worried though, because I'm young no matter what my age. My blankey says so. 26, here I come!

8. I go through phases with my satellite radio, and I'm re-falling in love with channel 26, Left of Center.

9. The high today was 66. I think fall is finally coming. I can't tell you how happy this makes me.

10. Of course, it's slightly tainted by the 90 degree weather I'm about to drive into.

11. I'm about to start listening to the Count of Monte Cristo on my ipod. I hope it's as awesome as my friend Anne says it is.

12. Speaking of books, I started my own book club. It's called "let's get drunk and talk about books". So far, we've read Stardust, and I believe we got as far as "who was your favorite character" before we moved on to playing boardgames.

13. I'm cool with that, because at least it got people to come to my house.

14. I've finally decided it might be worthwhile to learn to cook.

15. I blame Alton Brown for this. And also Matt and Anne, who made me the most amazing baked macaroni and cheese I've ever had in my entire life.

16. As it turns out, I can sautee a mean shrimp, and mash a mean potato. DS is quite pleased with this prospect.

17. Might be gone for a while, but don't worry. I'm sure I'll be fine, just busy or something. If you know my e-mail address, feel free to use it. I check that everyday. If you have facebook or myspace or anything along those lines, don't expect fast responses. I've been internet lazy lately.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday!!!!

Willie Baronet said...

Happy belated birthday! As a therapy veteran, may I toss in that it will be worth it. Hang in there. And maybe you'll get some good insight about the skin picking. Do I need to put mittens on you?? ;-)

Teddy Bear Giraffe said...

Happy Birthdayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!