February 10, 2007

Lost and Found

When I first got my iMac, I started the process of moving all of my keeper files from both mine and DS's computer. This made DS very happy, as I was hogging 20 GB of his harddrive. About 5 years worth of digital pictures were on his computer. I moved them, he wiped his drive, and then I lost them. I could not find them on my iMac anywhere at all. I was devestated.

This morning, DS displayed some of his computer genius by running a search on something called terminal using skills he picked up in Linux. He found all of my "lost" photographs. As they were loaded into iPhoto, the program scans through them very quickly. 6000 pictures later, I felt like I had watched my life flash before my eyes.

Some of those pictures I had forgotten about. I noticed that when I travel, I seem to take pictures of doors. Here are a few for your viewing pleasure.



Somewhere in New Mexico, most probably in Taos, sometimes around the late fall of 2004.



The entrance to an old farm house that has been converted into a 4-star resort in Neukloster, Germany, where I attended a design charette in October of 2004.



A random doorway in Lyon, France, found the morning DS and I were exploring the city before he proposed.

No comments: