April 07, 2010

Tremors

Lots of things brewing this week.  Currently DS is in Philadelphia for his last interview, and on Thursday I'll be meeting him in Chapel Hill so we can be "wooed".  We've been jokingly referring to it as our chance to "live it up on someone else's dime", but in all honesty, I don't know how much time we'll have to do that.  He'll be meeting to negotiate an offer, and we've been scheduled time with a realtor to look at houses.  Let me tell you, going through a website full of houses that you know you can't buy yet so that you can get a feel for the area is... both exciting and scary.  Also, there is a LOT of new construction for sale in Chapel Hill.  It seems like they were hit hard by the housing collapse.  Not that it helps me any, because I want an OLD house!  With acreage.  But after much hand wringing, I chose five for us to see on Saturday.

After a month of letting them gather on my camera, I finally got all the photos into my computer.  I'm hoping I have time tomorrow to go through them, clean them up, and then put them on here for your curious eyes.  But just in case the packing and the last minute errands keep me from it, I wanted to at least post this one.  Almost all of my photos of DS are of him scowling.  Maybe he thinks it's funny?  It often is. But sometimes I just want a good one, and here it is.  I had to tickle him to get it, and he was momentarily irate, but it was so worth it.


And in answer to all the wonderful notes I've been sent regarding my last post, let me just say that I have been reminded that I don't have to work when we get there.  Which means I'll be able to do things like volunteer, and take classes, and generally get a feel for what makes me happy.  It's so strange to be in that position, after years of toiling just to make ends meet.  Thank you all for being so supportive, and giving me truly helpful advice.

Yes, lots of things on the horizon.  But no earthquakes.  Sorry Mom.  I know you keep calling to ask if I'm still alive, but honestly, we've felt nothing.

No comments: