April 29, 2008

Allergies Suck

It's been exactly two weeks since DS and I returned from Athens.  I have to admit that I've spent most of that time either sleeping, sniffling, coughing, or playing Harvest Moon Cute.  Tree pollen is crazy rampant right now, and it would seem I'm very allergic to whatever trees they have here.  It was like magic.  The Saturday after we returned, I attended a baby shower at a house that had its windows open.  As I'm leaving, I feel that icky feeling you get in your throat sometimes when you're catching a chest cold.  The next morning, I can't breathe.  Allergies are AWESOME.


So, the three different prescription medicines, plus the special steroid inhaler I take twice a day for my asthma, are doing squat.  To cope, I'm taking three times the amount of claritin I'm supposed to, and I can get by.  Benedryl does nothing.  Tylenol Sinus does nothing.  So far, the only thing that helps is rain.  I'm guessing it forces all that crap to stick to the ground.

At any rate, I haven't been feeling up to much of anything except lying around and doing things that don't require much thought.  Work is exhausting, and all I do is sit at a desk.  But the weather.com says the pollen levels are moderate instead of high now, so that's a good sign I guess.

Anyway, that's where I've been.  I haven't forgotten that some of you want info about the trip, and it is forthcoming.

1 comment:

kimberlina said...

oh gawd, yuck!!! so sorry you're not feeling well. allergies do suck. not that mine act up that much... so i'll just shut up now. but here's to clear skies! *toast w/ riesling*