July 07, 2007

Happy Birthday !!

Today my blog is exactly 2 years and 1 month old, and this is my 400th post. (Don't pay attention to the post on 6/1.. that was a more recent one that I backdated so it wouldn't show up, as it's linked from the main page.)

Blogging has had it's ups and downs for me. For one, it's harder to escape the negative influences, as they can easily stalk me here. But, I've made so many wonderful friends, several of whom I've actually had the pleasure of meeting or corresponding with offline. These people have been a blessing, and they make the downs well worth it.

And now, because I don't yet feel like unloading the various pictures on my camera from the last 2 weeks, here's a meme from Gimchi.

The Rules are:

* We have to post these rules before we give you the facts.
* Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
* People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
* At the end of your blog post, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
* Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.


1) I am an obsessive pack rat, and still have every single letter, card, and note I've ever received/taken.
2) It scares me to read stories about people with OCD, because I see pieces of myself in them and worry one day I'll fall off the edge of sanity.
3) Ever since elementary school, I've had the odd habit of rubbing my nails across the skin near my mouth and then smelling them and taking comfort.
4) I will also occasionally do this with the erasers on top of pencils, but seeing as how I mostly use pens now unless doing a crossword puzzle, this is more rare. I prefer the white erasers
5) I will only use checks, stamps, and pencils that decorated and not plain. For example, right now I have Care Bears checks, Star Wars stamps, and Powerpuff Girl pencils. I believe this makes the little things in life more enjoyable.
6) When I was a child, I fully believed I had power over the rain, which was fueled by the several times I managed to get the rain to stop and start again simply by thinking about it. Sometimes, I still think I can do this, but age brings the awful wings of doubt.
7) I often see things out of the corners of my eyes, and I'm sure they're ghosts or some other being generally thought to be imagined.
8) Despite the dismal failure of my last round of ornaments, I still dream of selling the things I make and being successful enough to do it full time.

I don't feel like tagging people either. But feel free to do it yourself.

Thanks to my loyal readers for two great years!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your 2 years of posts that give us a glimpse of your wonderful self! I'm so happy to have met you.

Code name: 1% said...

#3? Weird...