July 06, 2006

Giant Super Happy Fun Post!!!

Hold on to your seats! You're about to embark on an exciting journey. A photo documentary of sorts, showing you the best parts of the past two weeks. You will notice the lack of pictures representing the days and days on end of work. No, you will see only the good parts. Ready? Set. Go!

Two great friends, KT1 and MT, threw DS and I an engagement party, complete with KT1's special recipe Long Island Iced Tea.

Not to mention the food. Granted, after spending 30 minutes in the living room chatting with guests, I returned to find the food almost completely gone.

However, this was quickly overlooked when MT and I won a rousing game of Pictionary. You just don't let a girl that can MS Paint her life away team up against anyone in this game. People were still on the starting square when we won. Though as you can see, hilarity was more the goal of the game, and winning was more overlooked.

A few days later, two of DS's friends from South Carolina stopped in on their way to Montana. We introduced them to the best Madison has to offer, including Spotted Cow, the Glass Nickel, the Great Dane, and the newcomer, Ale Asylum. They want to move here now.

We were invited to attend a Madison Mallards game with our friend Dylan. We think we might make this a weekly thing. I mean, tickets are less than $10!! Plus, it takes 15 min to get there instead of more than an hour to get to Milwaukee. Here you see Maynard, their official mascot.

I've been exploring the capabilities of my new camera. Check out this picture of a batter, right as he was hitting the ball!

DS continues to avoid having a natural picture taken. Dylan ignores us completely. I think he might like baseball more than us...

A storm came through, and I tried to take a picture of lightening. Though I failed, I did discover my nighttime landscape setting, and took a sweet picture of the sun trying to peek through a break in the clouds.

We were invited to a party by KT2 (also my boss) on the 4th. Then we headed over to Elver Park to watch the fireworks. Here, you see KT2 enjoying some sparklers, and me enjoying the fireworks setting on my camera.


And finally, the fireworks themselves. I should have brought my tripod, but it's still a pretty cool picture. I'm excited!

We're off to Kentucky in the morning for a family reunion, and our first trip to either of our parents' homes since Christmas. I may or may not have internet access, so no panicking! Come back and marvel at my pictures if you get bored, or enjoy any of the fine links there on the right. We'll be home Tuesday, and we're sure to have pictures!

8 comments:

kimberlina said...

hurray hurray! those pictures are great! ds is so adorable in his "hm, curious.." thinking-man pose. :D

i am jealous of your engagement party, beeyotch! i have yet to have one...

::begins feverishly planning::

Willie Baronet said...

Thanks. I needed some giant super happy fun. :-)

Tonya said...

Wait a sec . . . you had a party and didn't invite me? WTF!

Spinning Girl said...

OK, I completely loved this post.

Unknown said...

I wish I could've been there! I'm glad everybody had a good time. Can't wait to see the other pics.

Ms. Adventures said...

Very VERY good pictures! You guys look like you're having a blast! What kind of camera do you have?

Oscar Madison said...

I would always pick MT first for any Pictionary team I was on.

Spinning Girl said...

pyoo hoo!