March 31, 2012

New Pants, New Characters

DS and I really want to go camping.  We also want to start climbing outside now that the temperatures getting pretty nice.  Unfortunately, the weather has been playing mean tricks on us.  It keeps being sunny throughout the week, and then raining all weekend.  This weekend's rain has already started.  *sigh*

I read something about burning calories today, and how hard it is to actually burn enough calories through to make up for the things you eat.  And while that is true when you're looking solely at exercise specific totals (I would burn around 250 calories walking for an hour), that's not the only factor to consider.  I'd of course heard before that your metabolism matters, and I'm finding that out more and more lately.  I've been building a lot of muscle, and each of those muscles burn up more calories than before, even just sitting around.  I can tell, because as I mentioned yesterday, I've been starving for about a week and a half straight.  Even though I'm eating an insane amount of food, I'm always hungry.  And I lost another pound today.  I had gained a little bit of weight early on in my exercising, which I think is normal, so I'm about back to where I was at the end of my last exercising bout.  The hunger was especially bad after I did an intense leg workout earlier in the week.  Leg muscles are big muscles.  I think I pushed myself too hard though, because I was completely exhausted for the next two days.

More importantly, I am shrinking in size.  I bought a pair of jeans in a size 8 today, and they fit.  They're still a bit big in my waist, due to my pear-ness, but I'm super excited they fit in hip and thigh.  I'm both happy to be getting smaller, and sad at the idea of needing all new pants... Thank goodness for belts!  Also, I will be hanging on to all these pants for a while, because knowing me, at some point I will get tired of all this "work" and end up needing them again.

I have one episode left of Star Trek: The Animated Series.  Man.  I'd seen some of it before, so I knew it was bad, but boy is it ever bad.  Seriously seriously bad.  Though it is nice to see that they took advantage of the animated platform to introduce a whole range of crazy looking aliens that a live-action show would make difficult.  Check some of them out:

M'Ress


Arex


Aleek-Om
It was nice to see non-humanoid characters throughout the 22 episodes, but I'm looking forward to moving on to The Next Generation.

No comments: