September 16, 2008

Save the Farnsworth House!

Possibly my favorite piece of architecture ever is sitting in water. On Sunday, the water was a foot deep within the house, which is saying something considering it's already on stilts. It's only a couple of hours from where I live. So close, and I've never been... and now it may be a very long time before I get to. The National Trust for Historic Preservation bought it within recent years and opened it to the public, but now it is closed until further notice due to the damage. I can't see it being completely restored within the next three months. :(

Please, if you can, help save this building. If I had to choose one building in the entire country to save, it would be this one.

http://www.farnsworthhouse.org/



1 comment:

Willie Baronet said...

That is a cool freaking house!